SUPPORT, ADVICE and SKILLS DEVELOPMENT
Nudge Associates can help you solve issues, add value, maximise growth and improve performance. We provide objective advice, expertise and specialist skills primarily concerned with strategy, structure, management and operations.
Nudge Associates will work with you to research and review need, identify options and suggest recommendations for change. We will work with you to create resources that help capacity build and develop people, organisations and partnerships within the health, wellbeing and development sectors.
Nudge Associates offers support, advice and skills development services to the health, wellbeing and development sectors tailored to your needs. Our associates work on projects as individuals or as part of larger teams.
Specialist Training and Development Services
Nudge Associates provides specialist training and people development services that support individuals, organisations and companies to promote health and wellbeing within the workplace.
Our multi-disciplinary teams offer a broad and inclusive approach to a range of training and skills development opportunities.
We have a particular interest in raising awareness of sexual health, reproductive health, HIV but also provide expertise in partnership working, capacity building, equal opportunities, disability rights, inter-personal communication and customer service improvement.
HIV Positive Speakers Programme
Nudge Associates provides access to speakers who, while living with HIV, work professionally in the areas of health, wellbeing and development.
Personal Performance Coaching
Nudge Associates personal performance coaching provides a series of guided conversations that enable the “coachee” to discover and implement personal solutions to challenging issues or areas of performance.
Nudge Associates believes that solutions that are intrinsic to the “coachee,” are more likely to succeed and endure than solutions imposed externally.
Coaching for People Living with Long-Term Medical Conditions
Nudge Associates considers free coaching to people newly diagnosed with HIV infection and people in the creative industries that are facing similar life changing health challenges. If you would like to discuss this opportunity in confidence, email email@example.com
The Coaching Code of Ethics - Nudge Associates agrees to:
- Always conduct ourselves to the highest levels of ethics, integrity, accountability and responsibility.
- Treat all clients and potential clients with absolute dignity, confidentiality and respect as free and equal individuals.
- Respect the commercial confidentiality by not divulging business information to any third parties.
- Maintain the good reputation of the coaching profession in general.
- Comply with both the spirit and the letter of any commercial agreements made with clients, potential clients, and professional colleagues.
- Make commercial agreements with clients and potential clients that are fair and will respect all parties to such agreements.
- Keep appropriate and accurate records of our work with clients and ensure they will remain confidential, are stored securely and comply with Data Protection requirements.
- Have professional indemnity insurance adequate to cover coaching and/or coaching supervision practice.
- Represent true levels of status, title, competence and experience in order not to mislead, misrepresent or defraud.
- Clearly state to clients and potential clients the terms of any commercial agreement including the expectations of both parties.
- Make no claims or implications of outcomes that cannot be demonstrated or guaranteed.
- Monitor the quality of your work through feedback from clients and other appropriate professionals.
- Obtain written permission from any client or potential client before releasing their names as referees.
- Respect the absolute rights of the client's confidentiality except as expressly permitted by the client or potential client in writing or as required by law.
- Have qualifications, skills and experience appropriate to the needs of your client. If not refer your client to those who do, such as more experienced coaches, coaching supervisors, counsellors, mentors, or others offering specialist services.
- Avoid all conflicts of interest and give notice of such potential conflicts.
- Refrain from offering professional information or advice that we know to be confidential, misleading or where the accuracy is beyond our competence to assess.
- Endeavour to enhance public understanding and acceptance of professional coaching.
- We will be fit and healthy enough to practice. If not, we should stop until you are and, if necessary, your clients should be offered alternative support.
- Continually develop professionally in both the theory and practice of coaching
- Respect all copyrights, agreements, work, intellectual property and trademarks and comply with all laws covering such areas.
- Avoid coaching minors (people who have not yet had their 18th birthday) without the express written consent of parent, guardian or teacher as appropriate.
- Comply with all laws and by-laws of the UK and, if coaching clients based abroad, with the laws of the clients' country.
- Ensure that all advertisements and promotional materials, whether verbal or written are legal, decent, truthful, honest and in compliance with the requirements of the UK Advertising Standards Authority.
- Make a copy of this Code freely available to clients.